We can't wait to see you bright and early on Friday, November 8th at Dubai World Trade Centre!
Here are the things you need to know about Dubai Run:
All participants 8 years old and above must register beforehand at: bit.ly/DubaiRunxFitnessChallenge
Taking place on Friday 8 November, this marks the first time the public have been allowed to run on a section of the 14-lane Sheikh Zayed road, the main artery of the city.
• 5km Fun Run – open to all ages and abilities
• 10km run for running enthusiasts - must be 18 years of age or older and can complete the course in 80 minutes or under.
Both routes will start and end at Dubai World Trade Centre.
Timetable for Event Day
04:00am: Parking spaces at Dubai World Trade Centre and One Central open
04:30am: Doors open at Dubai World Trade Centre
06:00am: Parking facilities at Dubai World Trade Centre closes due to road closures
06:15am: The latest time of entry to the official Assembly Area with bib for 10km participants
06:30am: Start of the Dubai Run 10km
There will be a loud start signal, but this is only for the 10km runners.
06:30am: The latest time of entry to the official Assembly Area with bib for 5km participants
06:45am: Start of the Dubai Run 5km
04:30am: Dubai Metro opens
06:15am: Dubai World Trade Centre Metro Station closes for disembarkation
The Mall of the Emirates parking will also be open at 4:30am, for people to park there and take the Metro to DWTC Station.
Event Closes: 9.00am.
The Event Area is open only for registered participants with bibs. There will be no room for spectators.
Please only bring essentials as there are no lockers or storage spaces for your personal belongings
The 10km run will then see runners make a turn towards Financial Centre Road and along Mohammed binRashid Boulevard past some of the city’s most iconic buildings before participants head back to the finish lineDWTC along Happiness Street.
The 5km fun run takes participants down a similar route on Sheikh Zayed Road the heading through the highrise buildings of DIFC before making a hairpin turn straight to the stunning Emirates Towers and back downHappiness street to the finish line at DWTC.
- Companies are welcome to encourage their staff to represent their brand – wear your company t-shirt!
- This route is open to all ages and abilities. Both strollers and wheelchairs are welcome.
- The 5km run begins at 6:45am, the latest time of entry to the Assembly Area with your bib is 6:30 am
- Open to those who are 18 years and older (you will need to present valid ID in order to collect your bib prior to the run on Friday).
- The race will be timed, chips will be part of the race pack for each runner.
- The course will need to be completed in 80 minutes.
- Prizes will be given for the top 3 finishers (men and women).
- The 10km run begins at 6:30am, the latest time of entry to the Assembly Area with your bib is 6:15am.
Limited free parking will be available at the venue and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Parking is available from 5:00 am at Dubai World Trade Centre.
- All parking facilities in DWTC will be closed off by 6:00am for course set-up.
- It is highly advised to come by public transportation such as Careem, Uber or Taxi and be dropped off by Zabeel Gate on 2nd Zabeel Street. Plan your journey here.
- Alternative parking can be found across Sheikh Zayed Road opposite to DWTC. Use the DWTC metro station bridge to arrive at the venue.
- Alternative parking facilities include Emirates Towers, DIFC or Index Tower which will be available until 6:00am
- Exit from the parking will be limited until 9:00 am.
- There will be bicycle racks available in One Central building.
- Participants are encouraged to come with necessities only as there will be no space allocated for bags or lockers available onsite.
- Toilets and prayer rooms are available at DWTC.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- All participants are advised to wear suitable sportswear in order to participate in the event. Attendees that are wearing inappropriate attire will not be able to participate.
- Wearing a hat and applying sunscreen is recommended.
WATER AND MEDICAL:
- Water will be provided by MonViso free of charge to all registered participants.
- Light snacks and refreshments will be available for purchase. Some dining outlets at DWTC and One Central will be open following the run.
- There will be water and medical stations at regular intervals along both routes.
- Toilet facilities will be available along both routes.
COLLECTION OF RACE PACKS/BIBS:
Race bibs must be collected prior to race day from Dubai World Trade Centre and selected Sun and Sand Sports stores.
All participants 8 years and above must have a bib in order to participate in the run. Children below 8 must be accompanied by their parents. They will be provided with a wristband to write their parent’s phone numbers in case of an emergency.
Bib collection is available from the following places:
- Dubai World Trade Centre from Tuesday 5th to Thursday 7th of November Concourse 2.
- Tuesday 5th from 16:00 to 22:00
- Wednesday 6th from 9:00 to 23:59
- Thursday 7th from 9:00 to 22:00
Sun and Sand Sports Stores:
- The Dubai Mall
- Mirdif City Centre
- Jumeirah Centre
- Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi
Timings for Sun and Sands Sports stores:
- Wednesday: 10am – 11PM
- Thursday: 10am – Midnight
Additional BIB collection location:
- Kite Beach Fitness Village: 7 am – 11 pm
- Dubai Festival City Mall Fitness Village: 12 pm – midnight (near the information desks).
- All participants must bring a printed or mobile copy of their registration ticket to collect their bib.
- Participants of the 10km race must bring a valid ID (passport or Emirates ID) to verify their age.
- When you arrive to collect your bib, please park at the Happiness Street parking lot.
- It’s possible to collect a bib for someone else, as long as you have a copy of their ID and their Platinumlist ticket.
- Bibs and race chips are not transferable to any other individual.
Can I collect someone else’s bib?
It’s possible to collect a bib for someone else, as long as you have a copy of their ID and their Platinumlist ticket.
Can I give my bib or ticket to someone else?
Bibs and race chips are not transferable to any other individual.
What happens if I lose my bib?
Please call Platinumlist if you lose your bib or on race day arrive early and the team will try to assist.
Can I use my wheelchair for the 10km?
Yes, as long as you can complete the race in 80 minutes.
What part of Sheikh Zayed Road will this be on?
The run will begin from DWTC towards Abu Dhabi, and turn near the first interchange. The 5 km run will continue into the DIFC area, while the 10 km route will cover the Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard in Downtown Dubai.
What happens if I’m late to the start of the 10 km?
Be early, as there is a strict cut-off for the start at 6:15 a.m.
Can I join the race midway for the 10 km?
No, you will have to be at the official start line for the race and complete your race at the finish line.
Can I bring my camera?
Yes, as long as it can be handheld by you during the run. We will not be responsible for any damage to any personal items before, during and after the event.
Can I race with my dog?
While we would love to have our pets with us, this run is open only to their owners.
Are there showers at the finish line?
No, there will be no shower facilities at this run.
What happens at the end when we finish the race?
We invite all participants to enjoy the festive atmosphere, post pictures on social media to win prizes on the spot,
and of course, replenish themselves at the food outlets at DWTC.
If you’ve got your bib, what time is the latest I can arrive for the 10 km race?
The latest you can arrive for the 10 km race is 6.15am.
If I don’t have my bib, what time is the latest I can arrive for the 10 km race?
You must have a bib to participate, you need to allow time to collect your bib prior to the race.
Are kids allowed in the Dubai Run?
Yes, kids are welcome to run along with an adult only for the 5 km run. Kids who are not accompanied by an adult will not be allowed into the venue.
Will kids have wristbands with their parent’s phone number?
Yes, all kids without a bib will be given a wristband before they enter the route of the race.
A total value of AED200,000 in prizes thanks to Emirates Airlines, Fitbit and more will be given out as:
- spot prizes in the lead up to the run on site, and,
- prizes for the overall top 3 males and 3 females of the 10km run (they will be contacted by organisers)
Most importantly, enjoy making history as we run together on Sheikh Zayed Road as part of Dubai Fitness Challenge.