What is the Jebel Jais Via Ferrata?
The Jebel Jais Via Ferrata is a 1 KM protected climbing route secured with a steel cable running along it and fixed to the rock, located at the base of the Jebel Jais mountains.
About your Via Ferrata Experience:
- The typical tour lasts 4 hours.
- Prior to the experience, the guides will ensure you fully understand the operation of safety equipment and are properly fitted with harness and helmet.
- Professional instructors will readily guide you along the spectacular 1km route.
- Enjoy 3 thrilling ziplines: 1st zipline is 50m long, then 2nd is 60m long and 3rd is 300m long.
- The highest point of the climb is at 120 mt.
- All equipment and instruction will be provided.
What are Jebel Jais Via Ferrata’s operational hours?
Wednesday to Sunday
Morning tour at 9am
Afternoon tour at 1pm
Timings are subject to change, depending on the season, the weather and public holidays. If there is a need to close the ride for any reason, it will be communicated through Toroverde UAE's social media accounts: Facebook and Instagram.
What time am I expected to arrive at the Jebel Jais Via Ferrata meeting point?
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your Jebel Jais Via Ferrata’s starting time (i.e. if you are booked for 9am, please arrive at 8:30am) to the Via Ferrata facilities.
Who can experience the Jebel Jais Via Ferrata?
For your safety, below are the following restrictions:
- Age limit: Between 12 and 65 years of age
- Minimum weight: 50 kg
- Maximum weight: 100 kg
- Minimum height: 122cm
- Fitness level: It is suggested to be in moderate fitness levels and be comfortable at heights.
- Prior experience: No prior technical experience is needed; we will ensure that everyone gains the skills to successfully complete the course.
Riders must also be:
- In good medical condition
- Free of any existing or recurrent injuries (specially neck, back and shoulders) or any conditions that requires immediate medical attention
- Not pregnant
- Not under the influence of narcotics, spirits, or any other substances impair judgement
What to wear or bring:
- You'll be provided with all of the safety equipment, a small backpack with water and extra space for your personal items.
- You should wear typical athletic clothing.
- Keep in mind that you will be moving over rock which can be sharp. Your clothes should be able to withstand the rough terrain.
- Footwear is the most important. Please wear sturdy trainers or running shoes with good grip. Casual shoes or sneakers are not acceptable and may result in postponement or cancellation of your experience.
- Other items you should consider: Sunglasses, Sun Block and Camera.
- Bear in mind that dropping any items throughout this activity is likely to result in complete destruction. If you bring a camera/sunglass, we recommend it have a solid wrist strap or tether.
How to get there?
Ras Al Khaimah is providing shuttle bus transport between Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah, and Ras Al Khaimah to Jebel Jais:
Please follow the links below to book your shuttle buses:
How many people can try the Jebel Jais Via Ferrata at a time?
The Jebel Jais Via Ferrata can accommodate 12 people per tour
What type of harness do you use?
In the Jebel Jais Via Ferrata you will use a sitting position harness for the ziplines, plus all the additional climbing aids required.
How long is the experience?
The entire Jebel Jais Via Ferrata experience
lasts approximately 4 hours from registering at the Reception Area until you complete the experience.
Are there lockers available to store my belongings?
Small lockers are available to store small items such as handbags, wallets, keys and mobile phones.
There is no locker space for shopping bags, luggage etc. Storage is limited, so please empty your
locker after completing your ride.
How can I book a slot experience the Jebel Jais Via Ferrata?
Please click here to book your experience online.
Can I turn up on the day and buy a ticket?
Yes, subject to availability. However, due to the popularity of the Jebel Jais Via Ferrata, we recommend that you book your ticket in advance to secure your spot.